1. How do I get my grade 12 graduation?
To see graduation requirements, visit the Ministry of Education site at: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/graduation/information/what_it_takes.htm
2. Where is LEC located?
Langley Education Centre is located at 21405A – 56th Avenue in Langley, BC
Directions From Highway 1:
Take exit 66 for HWY-10/232nd Street. Drive South on 232nd Street. Keep right as the road curves. At the lights, turn left on Glover Road. Turn Left at 216th Street. Turn right at 56th Ave. Turn right into the parking lot on the east side of the Langley Secondary School. We are located on the east side of the school near the athletic park.
3. Is LEC recognized as an accredited school?
LEC is a fully accredited public high school with Ministry-approved courses recognized at post secondary institutions. All teachers at LEC are certified by the BC College of Teachers.
5. When is LEC open? What are the school holidays?
Please view our calendar for the most up to date information. Regular office hours are M/Thur 9:30am-5:00pm, T/W 9:30am-7:00pm and Friday 9:30am-3:00pm (closed 12-1pm for lunch).
6. Does LEC have structured classes?
LEC offers many grade 10, 11 and 12 courses in structured and blended classes offered in our Fall, Winter and Spring session...
7. How can I find out about school closures during periods of heavy snow or power outages, etc.?
Winter storms sometimes force Langley School District to close schools due to heavy snowfalls or power failures. If you are uncertain about the status of schools in the district, there are several ways of getting information.
- If there is a decision to close a school, it is listed in the header on the School District 35 (Langley) website. For more information go to https://www.sd35.bc.ca/news-events/school-status-alerts/
- Phone the district’s Information Hotline for an updated message at 604-532-1453
- Status information is also sent to the following radio stations:
8. If I can’t attend semestered classes, is there another way to complete grade 11 and 12 courses?
For students who can’t attend semestered classes, most of our grade 10, 11 and 12 courses are available as on-site or online self-paced courses. In this self-paced approach, students receive teacher assistance and have a maximum of two terms to complete a course. Refer to LEC’s calendar for days / times when the school is closed.
9. Can I take just one course at LEC?
You can take one or more courses to complete grad requirements, improve a letter grade, or meet a prerequisite for a post secondary institution. You can also take a full program at LEC leading to graduation.
11.How much does a course cost?
Courses at LEC are tuition-free for those under 19 years of age and non-graduated adults. However, because the Ministry of Education does not fund ISP, international students pay a per course tuition fee of $855.00 per course. As of May 1, 2015 all graduated adults pay $375.00 per course.
12. What fees are involved?
If a course requires a textbook, the student pays a deposit with 100% refundable
upon the return on the text in good condition.
The following costs are not required but are intended for a students individual use.
- $10.00 Parking fee per school year
- $20.00 Casio Solar Calculator FX-260
- $40.00 Grad fee for graduating students attending ceremony and reception
- Cost recovery for field trips and workshops
13. What is your refund policy?
A student who withdraws from a structured class click here.
A student who withdraws from a directed learning course click here.