LEC has several students and their families that are supported over the holiday season, but assistance from the community is essential for this to happen. The staff donates what they can every year but, with the economic pressure in our community, needs have increased. Any support that you could offer is greatly appreciated.
For more information about LEC please visit the website https://lec.sd35.bc.ca/our-school/about-us-school-life/
If you would like to donate cash, there are two ways to make your donation. (The staff will create individualized hampers for the families and students in need.)
#1 – Donate directly to our school (no tax receipt given).
#2- Donation through Langley School District Foundation (tax receipt is given). Please put in the contribution note area that it is for LEC.
This link also has a downloadable/printable form that can be filled in if you would prefer to send a cheque. Please note on the form that it is for LEC.
If you would prefer to donate new items, anything is appreciated. Items can be dropped off at the Langley Education Centre office:
21405A – 56 Avenue, Langley
BC, V2Y 2N1
Here are some ideas:
- Gift cards (e.g. Bath and Body Works, Amazon, Superstore, Walmart, Chapters/Indigo, Costco), noise cancelling headphones, transit cards, McDonalds, Tim Hortons)
- Personal hygiene items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, or moisturizer etc.
- Travel mug, blender, Lego, King and Queen bedding, pillows, IPhone charger, IPad charger.
- Winter clothing: Toques, hoodies, mittens, scarfs.
- Food/kitchen items that are non-perishable. Some ideas:
|· Rice, Flour, Pasta, Sugar||· Snacks (Granola bars, Fruit cups etc.)||· Cereal|
|· Canned foods|
(Soups, Beans, Corn, etc.)
|· Cake mix and icing||· Juice etc.|
|· Pasta sauces||· Instant oatmeal||· Boxed stuffing|
|· Laundry detergent||· New Towels (dish, hand, and bath)||· Dish soap|
Thank you for your generosity,
LEC staff and students