Aviation Explorations 12
Are you interested in aviation? Have you wondered about being an aerospace engineer, aircraft maintenance engineer, pilot, flight attendant, air traffic controller, airport operations specialist or working with Transport Canada? Or, are you just interested in flying for fun?
Check out this video of the first group of students who enrolled in Aviation Explorations 12:
Aviation Explorations 12 – Student Stories – Langley Education Centre
Or, check out their story in the Langley Advance from November, 20, 2017:
“Langley aviation program has students’ heads in the clouds”
Continuing For 2018/19 School Year
Aviation Explorations 12 is a completely new course this year. It’s different from other aviation ground school courses because of its wide focus—not just being a pilot. Our goal is to give you a big picture view of what is available and help you ask the right questions for learning more. Because it’s offered after school (Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 7:00pm) you can enroll without scheduling conflicts with your other courses.
The course combines classroom, online, hands-on projects and field trips to deepen understanding. Here’s some of the topics we will cover in this introductory course
- History of Flight
- Airframes, Powerplants (engines), and Instrumentation
- Theory of Flight
- Intro to Meteorology
- Intro to Aviation Navigation
- Air Law
- Safety Management
- Aviation Career Explorations
When does it start:
- Next class starts in LEC Fall Session (September to December) 2018
Who can enroll?
- Open to grade 10, 11, or 12 students who are interested in Aviation and able to participate in the various aspects of the class
What time are classes:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:00 – 7:00pm
What does it cost?
- There are no costs for enrollment for non-graduated students who are BC Residents. Students who are already graduated must check with Langley Education Centre to determine if they are eligible to register.
- There may be some costs for field trips and / or tools that students may wish to have related to the course. This information will be provided to students during the course.
Who is the teacher:
- Mr. David Thomas (email@example.com)
How do I enroll:
- Contact LEC by phone at 604-534-7155 for more information
- Go to https://sd35.coresolutions.ca/
- Follow Aviation Explorations on Instagram: SD35Aviation