YELL – Youth Entrepreneur Leadership Launchpad
- Gain confidence in finding or creating a career that aligns with your purpose and passion while earning credit for Entrepreneurship 12 and making individual connections with your mentor.
- Learn how to develop and evaluate a business, build a personal network of contacts, hone your creative and critical thinking, apply teamwork skills, and put your presentation skills to the test.
- Come up with your own innovative and world-changing business or social entrepreneur concept and have a chance to compete with students from across the province in a YELL competition.
- YELL Canada is working on a partnership with Simon Fraser University to potentially allow students who finish this program to receive first year university credit at SFU. Stay tuned for more information!
- Dates / Times:
- Starts September 2018, every Wednesday from 4-7:00 at Langley Education Centre. Some weeks you will also be connecting with your entrepreneurship mentor as well.
- YELL is a Langley School District program for students entering grade 10, 11 or 12.
- Students should be interested in innovation, social & business entrepreneurship or those just interested in learning more about putting ideas into action.
- YELL is for motivated, mature, and collaborative individuals who are able to commit to a once/ week class after school until February, and to meeting collaboratively with small groups and a mentor after January to complete a group project.
- Students do not need to have a business or social entrepreneurship idea to join this class nor plan to go to business school. The skills and experience you will learn in this class will serve you well in any chosen field or career path
- YELL Canada:
- This is a partnership with YELL Canada (yellcanada.org), providing you with an opportunity to connect with other students and hear from guest speakers and leaders from the local community.
There are no prerequisites but there is a simple application process.
Please submit your application information (below) no later than September 19, 2018 to Alyssa Shore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applicants will only be considered if there is space.
Download and fill out the two forms below:
For more information check out our website (lecss.com), phone 604-534-7155 or e-mail the Langley YELL Teacher, Alyssa Shore (email@example.com)