Not sure if the YELL program is for you? Come out to our info session on
Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 6:00pm-7:30pm at Langley Education Centre! Click here for more info!
YELL – Young Entrepreneur Leadership Launchpad
- Stay in your home school during the day and attend YELL once a week after school.
- Gain confidence in finding or creating a career that aligns with your purpose and passion while earning credit for Entrepreneurship 12 and making individual connections with your mentor.
- Learn how to develop and evaluate a business, build a personal network of contacts, hone your creative and critical thinking, apply teamwork skills, and put your presentation skills to the test.
- Come up with your own innovative and world-changing business or social entrepreneur concept and have a chance to compete with students from across the province in a YELL competition.
- Dates / Times:
- Starts September 2019, every Wednesday from 4-7:00pm at Langley Education Centre. Some weeks you will also be connecting with your entrepreneurship mentor as well.
- YELL is a Langley School District program for students entering grade 10, 11 or 12.
- Students should be interested in innovation, social & business entrepreneurship or those just interested in learning more about putting ideas into action.
- Students who are not currently attending the Langley School District are also eligible.
- YELL is for motivated, mature, and collaborative individuals who are able to commit to a once/ week class after school until February, and to meeting collaboratively with small groups and a mentor after January to complete a group project.
- Students do not need to have a business or social entrepreneurship idea to join this class nor plan to go to business school. The skills and experience you will learn in this class will serve you well in any chosen field or career path
- YELL Canada:
- This is a partnership with YELL Canada (yellcanada.org), providing you with an opportunity to connect with other students and hear from guest speakers and leaders from the local community.
There are no prerequisites but there is a simple application process.
Please submit your application information (below) no later than September 18, 2019 to Alyssa Shore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applicants will only be considered if there is space.
Download and fill out the two forms below:
For more information e-mail the Langley YELL Teacher, Alyssa Shore (email@example.com).