1. How do I get my grade 12 graduation?
To see graduation requirements, visit the Ministry of Education site at: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/graduation/information/what_it_takes.htm
2. Where is LEC located?
Langley Education Centre is located at 21405A – 56th Avenue in Langley, BC
Directions From Highway 1:
Take exit 66 for HWY-10/232nd Street. Drive South on 232nd Street. Keep right as the road curves. At the lights, turn left on Glover Road. Turn Left at 216th Street. Turn right at 56th Ave. Turn right into the parking lot on the east side of the Langley Secondary School. We are located on the east side of the school near the athletic park.
3. Is LEC recognized as an accredited school?
LEC is a fully accredited public high school with Ministry-approved courses recognized at post secondary institutions. All teachers at LEC are certified by the BC College of Teachers.
6. Does LEC have structured classes?
LEC offers a variety of grade 10, 11 and 12 courses in a structured or blended format during our Fall, Winter and Spring sessions.
7. How can I find out about school closures during periods of heavy snow or power outages, etc.?
In the event of an unscheduled school closure caused by snow, emergency, or extraordinary circumstances an alert announcing the affected schools will display at the top of the district website and school websites. Current information on school closures or threats of closures due to external conditions is also available:
- On the District and School websites
- On Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- On media outlets such as CKNW, CityNews1130, 170.1 Country, CBC Radio, 107.7 Pulse Radio
- By phone at 604-534-7891
8. If I can’t attend semestered classes, is there another way to complete grade 11 and 12 courses?
For students who can’t attend semestered classes, most of our grade 10, 11 and 12 courses are available as on-site or online self-paced courses. In this self-paced approach, students receive teacher assistance and have a maximum of three consecutive sessions to complete a course, the session in which you register and the following two sessions. Refer to LEC’s calendar for days / times when the school is closed.
9. Can I take just one course at LEC?
You can take one or more courses to complete grad requirements, improve a letter grade, or meet a prerequisite for a post secondary institution. You can also take a full program at LEC leading to graduation.
11.How much does a course cost?
Courses at LEC are tuition-free for those under 19 years of age and non-graduated adults. Graduated adults are tuition-free with the exception of elective courses which are $375.00 per course. The Ministry of Education does not fund ISP, therefore, international students pay a tuition fee of $1,350.00 per course.
12. What other fees are involved?
- $10 non refundable fee per student each school year.
If a course requires a textbook, the student pays a deposit which is 100% refundable
upon the return of the book if returned in good condition.
The following costs are not required but are intended for a students individual use.
- $20.00 Casio Solar Calculator FX-260
- $40.00 Grad fee for graduating students attending ceremony and reception
- Cost recovery for field trips and workshops
13. What is your refund policy?
Please visit our Withdrawal/Refund Policy page.